new beginnings, new nutrition offerings
Some news: as of Monday, April 4, I am no longer a clinical dietitian at the hospital I’ve worked at for the past 9 years, and I can officially consider myself part of the Great Resignation. My mental health has really struggled the past couple of years; that along with burnout and a career crossroads finally made me realize it was time for a change. So, I’m taking the leap and doing something I’ve wanted to do for a long time: expanding my side hustle into a full time nutrition counseling and coaching practice, focusing on nutrition for runners, women’s health and repairing relationships with food. I truly could not be more excited (and a little terrified!).
I’ve developed a few different nutrition coaching offerings in my areas of expertise (see my “services” page for more!), and today am going to talk about a package for runners I’m really pumped about:
The Complete Runner’s Nutrition Coaching Package
A lot of my runner clients come to me with similar questions and concerns about fueling before, during and after runs and fueling specific to marathon training. Along with these questions are common challenges with body image, relationship with food, past or present disordered eating, injuries and the latest sports nutrition myths that need major busting. So, I put together an eight week nutrition coaching package that includes:
1. Initial assessment - we’ll get to know each other, talk about your history (running, nutrition, health, relationship to food) and goals
2. Fueling before the run - a deep dive into fueling before the run and specific recommendations for you
3. Fueling after the run - a deep dive into fueling after the run and specific recommendations for you
4. Fueling during the run - specific plan depending on how long you’re going and your race goals
5. Macro and micronutrients of importance, and how to incorporate certain foods into your diet
6. Supplements - what supplements to think about taking for performance and general health, what not to bother with
7. Injuries and off season - changing the focus of your nutrition, maintaining a good relationship with food and body
8. Check in - a recap of our time together and goals for moving forward (always with the option for continued follow up!)
I absolutely love working with runners and helping them learn how to nourish their bodies on and off the roads/track/trails, and am excited to finally put this offer out into the world. You can always learn more about me and my services via my website or Instagram, and continue following along here for lots of nutrition talk.
Here’s to scary, exciting and fulfilling new chapters.